以下文字是爱斯本和安娜的妈妈 Natalia 和我们分享的这一次有趣的旅程。
It was a very interesting, educational and warm trip. Warm – literally and figuratively. Firstly, we were in the south of China, in the city of Kunming, where it was warm, like ours in the summer. Secondly, and this is the main thing, the warm and very friendly atmosphere in which we plunged. Both the competition participants and the young Chinese assistants accompanying us were always happy to see the children, talk and play with them.
We had a busy schedule, a lot of trips, as well as tests, rehearsals and various organizational issues – and everywhere the children were surrounded by care, friends and a spirit of unity. The schedule was tough, with early wake-ups and late lights out. However, it was worth it, as the trips were varied and interesting. We have seen and visited much during that week including, but not limited to:
- Shiji Jingyuan School Attached to Yunnan Normal University云南师范大学附属世纪金源学校. First, the children watched a performance by the students of this school, then they attended a lesson, which turned out to be exciting, and after lunch they went to visit family of one of the pupils. It was a warm welcome with wonderful food, games for the children and tea for the adults.
- the Primary School Attached to Yunnan Normal University云南师范大学附属小学 . Here rehearsal and competition took place. The children really liked this school, also because in its courtyard there was a school garden with vegetables, and behind it there were cages with live hares. This was amasing and unexpected and the children enjoyed watching the hares during the break. True, the hares’ cages were small, and it was a bit of a pity that these hares could not live more spaciously. But it was also clear that the hares were well taken care of, and they even grew cabbage for them in the school garden.
- Chengjiang Fossil Land World Natural Heritage Museum 澄江化石地世界自然遗产博物馆a museum where in addition to soils, minerals and other gifts of the earth you could also see wildlife, from dinosaurs to butterflies and larvae.
- Kunming Botanical Garden 昆明植物园 with its greenhouses. Oh, how humid and hot it was in the huge greenhouse, but also how interesting, with plants and trees that we had never seen before. The children also enjoyed talking with amateur artists who made landscape sketches in the garden park.
- the Guandu Ancient Town（官渡古镇）and Kunming Old Street（昆明老街） The old quarter in the city center contrasted greatly with the rest of the city of high-rise buildings. It was beautiful and cozy, with many shops, cafes and restaurants. There we also saw the Yunnan opera （滇剧） where actors could change masks with just the touch of a hand to their face, performing in colorful and rich costumes.
- Flower market in Kunming. We were told this was the biggest flower market in this region. The children also really enjoyed the trip to the flower market, where, in addition to flowers, man could buy toys, musical instruments, souvenirs and more.
Most of all, the children liked school where they had a lesson together with Chinese pupils, visiting family, the zoo, and of course fun they experienced during rehearsals, a friendly-competition spirit during competition, and charm of the closing ceremony and beautiful songs.
Anna and Espen really enjoyed the competition. This was their first competition of this kind, and absolutely their first performance on a big stage, in front of an audience. It was so great that there were many participants, but, unfortunately, it also reasoned a strict time limit, and the children only showed part of the program they were preparing. They would love to perform more.
The trip was great. The children saw so much, fell in love with the city of Kunming, and made friends – Chinese and international. Every day was amazing and incredibly interesting. That was great. We are very grateful to the Chinese school for facilitating our trip! Thank you Chinese bridge! We loved you and hope to be your guests again one day 😊
Text by Natalia